Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MG NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Engaging in conversation is the best way to pass on the vital skills of speech and language development, and will also show her how much you love her and how much she interests you, which will boost self-esteem and confidence as she grows. And this advice continues to hold true as your baby grows into a toddler, and then a child. Experts are concerned that so many modern children have poor speech and language skills - they fear it's because their parents just aren't talking to them enough in their early years. So talking (and listening) to our kids is one of our most important roles as parents.
- Deadly MERS 'camel flu' may now be airborne
- Paracetamol 'doesn’t work' for lower back pain
- Sleep deprivation may affect memory
- Umami flavouring 'may help you feel fuller faster'
- Commonwealth games
- Summer reading challenge
Buy & Sell
metal letter box with keys White heavy metal letter box with two keys. Measures approx 12.5" tall, 8.5" wide x 3" in depth. Letterbox slot measures appx 1.5" and therefore only suitable for ...
- Antiques and collectables (8)
- Baby, clothing and nursery equipment (14)
- Books, records, CDs, Videos and DVDs (8)
- Children's clothing, toys and games (37)
- Clothing (11)
- Computers, software, hardware and computer games (7)
- Furniture and furnishings (29)
- Gardening and Outdoors (8)
- Household and DIY (20)
- Miscellaneous (15)
- Pets (17)
- Photography, camcorders and telephones (10)
Family health interactive guides
Healthy home check Take this test to find out whether your home could be a health risk.
Healthy child self-assessment Find out how you and your child are doing with this short quiz.
Fitness self-assessment Take this simple assessment test to find out how fit and active you are.
Alcohol self-assessment Assess the effects of your drinking and find out if you're drinking too much.