Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MG NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Flooding: Day 14
9:02am Tuesday 1st January 2013 in News
This live event has finished
- It's a new year and flooding is still with us.
- The good news is it is expected to peak in many places today.
- We'll be keeping you up to date with this live report.
- Join us using Twitter #rainWN, add comments to the end of this story, or send your pictures to email@example.com
All done for today.
We'll be keeping your posted on any developments tomorrow.
Whirlpools #bewdley #flood http://t.co/0l4JPvEC— @Lyndso 01 January 2013
Great news that Owen Paterson will be in @uptonuponsevern tomorrow at 1300 to thank @EnvAgency for all their hard work this Christmas and NY— @HBaldwinMP 01 January 2013
Brighter at Severn Stoke today #rainWN http://t.co/cZiddEzq— @johnwilsonWN 01 January 2013
Nice shot of today's River Wye peak going through #hereford this morning http://t.co/GDD32jXy— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
The Environment Agency's flood risk map for the next three days. Yellow is low risk, green is very low risk.
The following roads across Worcestershire are currently closed due to flooding:
- B4088 Eckington Bridge - remains closed 31/12/12
- B4211 Hanley Road, Upton - remains closed 31/12/12
- U40214 Holt Fleet Lane, Ombersley - NEW UPDATE 28/12/12 - ROAD CLOSED
- U23422 Houndsfield Lane, Wythall - closed until the New Year
- A443 Hylton Road, Worcester - remains closed 31/12/12
- C2153 Old Burcot Lane, Bromsgrove- NEW UPDATE - ROAD OPEN 31/12/12
- C2141 Owlhill Lane, Doverdale, Ombersley - remains closed 31/12/12
- U20553 Woodbury Lane, Norton - remains closed 31/12/12
- C2099 New Street, Upton - remains closed 31/12/12
- Worcester City Riverside (Cleeve Walk) - closed until after Chistmas period, due to silt levels.
- C2263 between Ab Lench and Rous Lench - NEW UPDATE 28/12/12 - Road closed due to damage to road surface.
Information from Worcestershire County Council
Back in my day this were all just fields. Actually, it still is. #floods #Worcestershire @ Eckington http://t.co/iDtXiyhp— @Adam_Ef 01 January 2013
Keeping tabs on the flood levels at Upton. Click here.
This is a nice change. The Met Office weather map has been covered in dark blue rain clouds for days. Now they're down to just a few dots here and there.
Today's flood map from the Environment Agency. It's a wonder the sun is shining through all those triangles.
A HOMEOWNER whose riverside property flooded twice over Christmas has remained positive despite fears it will be waterlogged again, saying it is the price he pays for living in such a beautiful location.
Full story here
Andrew Brown: I have noticed that the walkway along the river on the west side in Worcester is exposed as depicted. The water is deep, cold and any unwitting cyclist, child, or intoxicated/blind/semi-sighted person could easily end up in serious difficulties if they fell here. There isn't any excuse for the council to have left this so exposed.
Worcester News: The ramp has now been cordoned off.
Some quite high levels being seen at top of Severn. We're going to put up some extra defences at #ironbridge wharfeage later today— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
Talking with folk at #bewdley they've had to cancel duck race but town's open + other stuff happening. Come and see! http://t.co/0lDatcUw— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
@DaveThroupEA Was still underwater when I drove past few minutes ago!— @Cat_Phillips 01 January 2013
Quite a few folk have been asking - so yes the car is still at Pitchcroft #worcester http://t.co/ag8HADNy— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
River Severn at #worcester and #upton will remain pretty stable. Probably peaking on 3rd, up to 4 inches higher than now.— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
River Severn at #ironbridge will peak overnight, around another foot or so to go. #bewdley peaking early on 3rd - about 8 in more than now— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
Wye at #hereford is peaking now about a foot below the peak on Sunday. Peaking in Ross this afternoon.— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
Happy New Year. Day 14 (and for me the last) of this flood. Quick roundup in a sec.— @DaveThroupEA 01 January 2013
Comments are closed on this article.