Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MG NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Fire service issue chimney safety warning
2:57pm Monday 4th March 2013 in News
FIREFIGHTERS tackled a number of chimney fires yesterday.
“We saw a cluster of chimney fires once again this weekend over the two counties and while there were no injuries as a result of these incidents, we want to ensure people realise just how devastating chimney fires can prove,” said station commander Alan Haley from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service.
“Most chimney fires, however, are avoidable simply through good care and maintenance and we would urge anyone with a real fire or woodburning stove to ensure they have their chimney swept on a regular basis throughout the winter months.”