Get involved! Send your photos, video, news & views by texting MG NEWS to 80360 or e-mail us
Flat fire in Bromyard - rabbit rescued
10:31am Thursday 14th March 2013 in News
A RABBIT was rescued from a flat fire in Bromyard last night.
Three fire engines were called to Cruxwell Street at 6.45pm.
The fire was in the living room of the second floor flat and firefighters in breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
There were no people inside the property at the time, but crews did rescue a rabbit called Smudge, who was unharmed.
The fire was believed to have caused by wood that was stacked against a wood burning stove.
• Meanwhile, firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Leintwardine.
A crew was called to Rosemary shortly before 1pm yesterday and used a hose reel, ladders and working at height gear.