IT’S curtain up at Hereford’s state of the art six screen Odeon cinema on May 22.
That’s the pay off for a near £4m investment in the project by the Odeon group.
The multiplex on the Old Market site offers six fully digital screens with 3D capability.
Roger Harris, ODEON UK’s Chief Operating Officer said the invest demonstrated “ongoing commitment” to the county.
"We are very excited to be part of the Old Market development and we’d like to thank our loyal Odeon film fans for their support," he said.
Matt Whitehouse, General Manager at Odeon Hereford said: “We’ve had a really positive response from the local community so far, and a high volume of applications for the new roles created. We’re really looking forward to getting the team trained and ready for doors opening on May 22nd.”
The first films to be shown at the new Odeon are:
• Bad Neighbours – Showing from opening
• The Other Women - Showing from opening
• Godzilla - Showing from opening
• Blended – Showing from opening
• X-Men: Days of Future Past - Showing from opening
• Postman Pat - 23rd May
• Maleficent - 28th May
• Edge of Tomorrow - 30th May
• 22 Jump Street - 6th June
• Mrs Brown Boys D’Movie – 27th June
• Transformers: Age of Extinction – 10th July
• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes – 17th July
• How to Train your Dragon 2 - 4th July