1. Traffic. Everybody moans about the traffic in Hereford, but nobody wants to get out of their car.
Having said that, it only takes a six foot hole for some pipe works to bring the entire city to a complete standstill.
2. When are we going to get a bypass!!!!!!!???? It’s a question that has vexed the population of the city and county since 1986...and counting – including one inquiry. 2(b) It needs to go east....No! West.
3. Hereford United. Plenty of people have got something negative to say about the Bulls. But of the many thousands who have, when did they last get down to Edgar Street?
4. The kerbs on Widemarsh Street. Who hasn't got a tale of someone we know tumbling over these troublesome kerbs - the source of hundreds of column inches of letters over the years.
5. No hot food after 1.30am in Hereford. It’s supposed to be a city! Just a bag of fish and chips would be a start....
6. Overgrown grass verges shock – absolutely scandalous and proof if we needed it that this county has well and truly gone to the dogs.
7. Too many charity shops in Hereford but in the same breath, don’t want this new fangled Old Market development.
8. Herefordshire Council – what’s not to moan about. That’s fair enough, but did you know that the turnout was around 30% at the last local elections – as low as 15% in some wards. If you want to do something about it....
9. The county just doesn't make enough of the River Wye. Where are the boat trips/riverside activities? A notable exception is the Wye Valley River Fesival/Hereford River Carnival.
10. Moaning constantly about not enough live music/alternative nights out but then not bothering to go to the ones on offer.
And a final word from reader Anthony Murphy, on Herefordians' propensity for moaning:
I am all for the new development - apparently the council are looking for new ways to power the Old Market. I’ve submitted plans for a device which can harness the power of Herefordians moaning, it’s called the apathetic defibrillator, it harnesses the power of Herefordians ability to complain about everything whether it’s a bronze statue, a flock of birds or a new retail quarter, initial tests suggest we should have enough power to make this country energy sufficient for a century and power the next Nasa mission to Mars.
That said - now add your own moans...
Have you read http://www.herefordtimes.com/news/10961541.Twenty_things_that_make_you_a_Herefordian/?ref=rss