MALVERN Town took advantage of Dudley Town's misfortune with a ruthless 9-1 West Midlands League Premier Division thrashing at the Langland Stadium.

Dudley lost their boss, physio and first-team squad to Gornal Athletic, leaving their under 18s team management in charge of a youthful line-up.

Malvern were quickly on the offensive as they built up a commanding 7-0 lead by the interval over their seventh-placed visitors.

Louis Loader chipped just over from Dave Reynolds' pass but the hosts went ahead in the fourth minute.

Dudley keeper William Hunt parried a shot but Loader was on hand to slot the rebound home.

Malvern pressed again and, in the seventh minute from a right-wing move, Reynolds volleyed the ball over the keeper into the net.

In the 13th minute, Aaron Richards headed straight into the keeper’s arms at the back post from a corner.

But James Lush found the target two minutes later by nodding in Loader's floated cross.

Malvern made it four on 18 minutes through Loader from Reynolds' cross after a move started by Reece King.

Then Jamie Thomas was fouled in the box and Lee Hooper hammered the penalty home after 20 minutes.

Lush weaved his way through into the box and crossed for Loader, whose shot was deflected off-target.

But Reynolds slotted in the sixth goal on 25 minutes from Hooper's assist after another attack down the right flank.

Hooper completed the first-half scoring with a fortunate seventh on 33 minutes after touching Harry Wickett's fine pass past the keeper but then slipping. However, he recovered to net.

Dudley had their first opportunity on the stroke of half-time when substitute Robert Whitley fired just over.

Malvern only added two goals in the second period but started early on 50 minutes when Reynolds secured his hat-trick from Loader's pass after a goalmouth scramble.

Home keeper Ian Hill saved well from Shaun Davenport before Lush's volley crashed against the bar at the other end.

Dudley grabbed a consolation on 70 minutes when Whitley's left-wing cross-shot hit the bar and rolled in off Malvern defender Joe Endacott's foot.

Matthew Turner fired just over but then collected a clearance from the visitors' keeper and set up Hooper for his hat-trick five minutes from time.

Mid-table Malvern host lowly Ellesmere Rangers tonight (7.45pm).