MALVERN Town failed to get to grips with Wolverhampton Casuals' pace as they fell 4-0 in the West Midlands Football League Premier Division.

The visitors were missing several players through injury, unavailability or suspension.

High-flying Casuals took just seven minutes to go ahead when Adrian Jones' cross-shot curled into the top corner at the far post.

Malvern's Lewis Platt flew up the left to create two chances for an equaliser but Dave Reynolds headed straight at keeper Stephen Jackson and Louis Loader sent a timid shot wide.

The hosts scored a second on 26 minutes when Tyrone Clarke-O'Connell swooped at the far post to net after a free-kick was crossed into the box.

Five minutes later, Malvern fell 3-0 behind when a ball from the left was played in for the unmarked Craig Bannister to head home.

Matters became worse for Malvern when they lost Lee Hooper to injury but newcomer Samuel Daffin got his chance as a substitute.

Keeper Charles Weaver prevented further damage with a superb save.

Five minutes into the second period, Matthew Turner came on to replace Aaron Richards, who was suffering from illness.

Malvern were more positive in the second period and, with a little luck, may have been able to get into the game.

Turner forced a mistake from the keeper but Malvern could not capitalise and then Reynolds was brought down in full flow.

The Langland Stadium side thought the foul was inside the box but a free-kick was given just outside and the defender escaped without warning.

Weaver made several more saves only for Malvern to hit back with good one-touch football in a much-improved second-half.

But they conceded an 89th-minute fourth goal to a Nathan Johnson penalty following a foul in the box.

Meanwhile, Bromyard Town, who have slipped to fourth from bottom in the Premier Division, lost 2-1 at Cradley Town and then 4-2 at home to Dudley Sports in the League Cup in midweek.

They host fellow strugglers Wolverhampton Sporting Community at Delahay Meadow on Saturday (3pm).