HEREFORD FC manager Pete Beadle felt his players looked nervous during the first half against North Leigh.

Beadle said he was 'really disappointed' with the opening 45 minutes and they players took 'a few stern words'.

Hereford eventually won 4-1 but it was North Leigh who shocked Edgar Street with the opening goal in the third minute.

"We looked flat, nervous and edgy for the first time," said Beadle.

"They should be fearless in their games.

"They're at home in front of their fans, who have been brilliant and always support them.

"We've performed week in, week out at top levels, but I felt that for the first half, I thought we were well below where we should have been.

"It’s easy to sit in the stand, stand behind the goal or for me on the touchline to expect them to do it, but even with a 10-point lead and a game in hand possibly, it’s understandable that they’re going to be a little bit nervous because there's always a 'what if'?

"But we can’t worry about’ what if’, we’ve got to take care of what we need to take care of."

Beadle was pleased with the second half performance though.

"We scored some good goals and it could have been more in the end," he said.

"It was a complete contrast in the second half though and they hardly had an effort."

Bulls striker Mike Symons added that the players addressed the slow start at half time.

"They came out of the traps well and got and early chance then a goal from a set play, which we're disappointed to concede," he said.

"But we dug in and I thought we got on a top and got our two goals.

"We addressed our slow start and came out in the second half and dictated it from start to finish and got another two goals.

"So it was important to get back to winning ways and hopefully we can now make it seven wins out of seven and it will be a great way to finish the season."

North Leigh were almost gifted a chance in the second minute when a slip from Clayton Fortune resulted in George Seacole being through on goal.

But Hereford goalkeeper Alex Harris managed to save his shot with his foot.

However, the away side did score a minute later when Matt Syscum headed home a right-wing cross.

Their lead only lasted seven minutes though.

John Mills did well to beat his man before rifling a low shot past Lewis Clayton.

Mills then tested Clayton with a dipping effort from outside the area before Harris denied North Leigh's Michael Hopkins.

Hereford went into the break ahead when Symons nodded Mike McGrath's free-kick down for Preece to divert the ball home. The Bulls effectively sealed the win in the 68th minute when Pablo Haysham's free-kick beat Clayton from 25 yards out. Haysham almost netted another set-piece goal a minute from time, but Clayton produced an excellent save.

However, Hereford would score again in stoppage time when Plummer was tripped in the box,

The winger stepped up to smash the penalty home and complete a comfortable win.s