LEDBURY Town produced a superb comeback to win 4-3 at Pershore Town in the Worcester Infirmary Senior Cup in midweek.

They previously secured a much-needed 4-1 weekend victory over basement boys Wolverhampton United for their first West Midlands League Division One victory in 10 matches.

Sixteen-year-old Charlie Jones made a promising 90-minute debut in midfield alongside brother Ryan against Pershore.

All the goals arrived in the second-half, with Ledbury quickly hitting back through James Febery’s header from a Tom Boyle cross after going behind.

Midland Combination Premier Division outfit Pershore then went 3-1 up with two swift goals, despite the efforts of keeper Nicholas Blakeway.

Ledbury visibly tired, but the lively Boyle fired a 25-yarder in -off the bar before and Dan Herbert buried a volley from 18 yards to level 10 minutes from time.

Then Pershore were left reeling when Boyle collected the ball, ran 40 yards out, and beat three defenders before and slotted home the winner.

Paul Mann’s side built successfully on their Wolverhampton win at New Street, which featured goals from Jamie Welch (2), Ryan Jones and Tom Watkins.

Former Bromyard player and recent signing Mitchell Elliott returned from suspension and set up Ryan Jones to fire in a 13th- minute opener the scoring on 13 minutes.

Watkins drilled in the rebound from a Boyle free-kick nine minutes later after keeper Terry Shaw parried.

Wolverhampton got on the scoresheet when Carl Turner slipped the ball into the net two minutes into the second period.

But Welch made it 3-1 on 53 minutes by forcing the ball over the line after his initial header hit the bar.

He added his second and completed the scoring after good work from substitute Gavin Walton on the wing.

Ledbury were denied more goals by Shaw, but the welcome win moved them up to 12th in the table.

They have a third consecutive home league game tomorrow against sixth-placed Wyrley (3pm), who won the corresponding fixture previous clash 4-3.

Meanwhile, Ledbury’s high-flying reserves suffered a setback in their Herefordshire League Division One campaign when they lost 1-0 at unbeaten leaders Tenbury United.

Karl Lancett’s side remain joint second with Orleton Colts ahead of their scheduled game with basement boys Kingstone Rovers tomorrow.