A MOBILE home was completely destroyed after a fire broke out near Bromyard last night.

A fire service spokesperson said two crews from Bromyard Fire Station were called to reports of the fire at 10.46pm on Tuesday.

On arrival, firefighters found the caravan was completely destroyed and the flames had spread to a neighbouring caravan.

The owner was already out and at a place of safety. One casualty was treated by crews, and one guinea pig rescued.

Firefighters used three hose reel jets used to put out the fire, removed several gas cylinders from the area, and damped down

The fire service said the blaze was started by drying clothes too close to a heater.

Photo: Bromyard Fire Station