THE owners of a Hereford takeaway that was left devastated by a fire on Wednesday afternoon have launched a fundraising page to help them replace lost equipment.

Polska Street Food had only been open two months in Union Street when the fire, thought to be caused by a deep fat fryer, ruined the interior of the takeaway.

READ MORE: Takeaway opened two months before being gutted by fire

Owner Jana Sobczyk has now launched a Facebook fundraising page HERE to help replace the ruined equipment.

She said: "All of the food preparing equipment has been destroyed together with any interior - ceiling, floors and counters.

"We would appreciate any help to get us back running again, so we can start, once again providing quality food for our customers.

"All the money raised would be put towards to buy new appliances that have been damaged during the fire."