MALVERN Town chalked up another emphatic victory but had to come from behind to beat Bourton Rovers 7-1 in Uhlsport Hellenic League Division One West.

The visitors defied their lowly position in the table by taking the lead against the run of play through Jake Oakey.

But Town remained patient and levelled through Matt Turner on 36 minutes before Dave Reynolds put the hosts in front on the stroke of half-time.

Within seconds of the restart Malvern extended their lead via Kyonn Evans who then grabbed his second goal on 53 minutes.

Harry Wickett got in on the scoring act with Reynolds and Turner adding their second goals late on to give the crowd of 240 fans plenty to cheer about.

“We gave the ball away too easily in the first half,” admitted Malvern co-manager Lee Hooper.

“We had to be patient after falling behind but we managed to turn the scoreline around going into the second period.

“We moved the ball around a lot quicker after the break and controlled the game.

"It’s pleasing to see the goals coming from different areas of the pitch whilst both wide men did well with some unselfish assists, particularly Harry Clark who caused plenty of problems.

“We had another bumper crowd behind us which was excellent to see.

"The fans have been superb throughout January and now we face a season-defining month of February ahead with no fewer than seven games which starts this weekend with the visit of a Cheltenham Saracens side that sit amongst the leading pack.

“I urge everyone to turn out and give us your backing to help keep driving us forward.”

Malvern: Dibble, Smith, Hunt, Harris (J Sauntson 75), Wickett (Skidmore 82), Turner, Hayes (Fusco 77), Loader, Evans, Reynolds, Clark. Subs not used: Emblem, Craven.

Table-topping Malvern Town Reserves slipped to a 3-2 home defeat at the hands of Hereford Pegasus Reserves.

Jack Cullity’s free-kick gave Town the lead in the Herefordshire FA League Premier Division clash.

But Pegasus pulled 3-1 in front before a late own goal narrowed the margin of defeat.

Clee Hill United took over at the top of the table with Saturday's 4-0 win at Fownhope.

Malvern head to Holme Lacy on Saturday in the Herefordshire FA Charity Bowl quarter-finals (2pm).

Town under 18s lost 5-3 to Kidderminster Harriers in the Midland Floodlit Youth League Southern Division without four key players.

They hit back from 4-0 down through Sam Jones and Luke Meredith's brace including a penalty.