LEDBURY Town will this weekend kick-start their final stretch of league games which they will hope ends in lifting the league title and gaining promotion to Step 6. 

They had a weekend off last Saturday following their 11-0 win over Gloucester City U21s on Wednesday and head into Friday evening's contest with mid-table Wellington Rangers six points clear at the top of the Herefordshire Football League Premier table.

Ledbury Reporter: This is how the Herefordshire Football League Premier table looksThis is how the Herefordshire Football League Premier table looks (Image: Full-time FA)

Their next two - vs Wellington and Hokma Lacy next weekend - are both games they should have little trouble with but then comes the ultimate test for Ian Merrick's men as they have three tough games back-to-back.

After a trip to play-off chasing Clee Hill United, they go up against two sides still competing for the title. Second-placed Hereford Pegasus Reserves remain six points off Ledbury but a win would put them back in contention.

But it is the game after it that looks like being a title decider. Sporting Club Inkberrow, currently third, are seven points adrift of Town, but have two games in hand. They win those, and the match between Ledbury and Inkberrow on April 22 could be the one that clinches the league title for either side. 

Once they are out of the way, Ledbury finish the season with three away games at Worcester United, Welland and Tenbury United.

They have lead the way in the division from the outset and have been the best side up until now, but the pressure is now on for Merrick's side to deliver the club the promotion they so desperately crave.

Whilst the first team didn't have a game, there was some football at the club as the Swifts played Tenbury United Colts in a post-season friendly. 

Despite going a goal down after just 20 minutes, goals from Sam Branch and Nathan Ince put Ledbury 2-1 up.

Branch benefitted from a long goal-kick downfield to muscle between the defenders and fire home a third. The goal of the day was left until last as Alistair Holder thundered home a 30-yard strike.