It was a game of two halves for Ledbury as they claimed victory at Bromsgrove on Saturday, September 16.

Ledbury trailed 14-12 at half-time but dominated the second half to win by 50 points to 14 in the Counties 1 Midlands West (South) League.

Ledbury travelled up to Finstall Park with at least 70 supporters in an eager mood.

In dry but overcast conditions Ledbury showed intent from the start, but it was Bromsgrove who worked the ball wide to open the scoring in the corner.

Ledbury responded immediately when full back Ben Mason made a scything run but was deemed held up. From the ensuing scrum, Ledbury were eventually awarded a penalty, a further scrum was taken and a quick pass to Rayfield saw him level the score.

Bromsgrove began to exert some pressure with their big runners and Ledbury conceded two sloppy penalties for creeping offside.

From a scrum, Ledbury were steaming towards the line when the Bromsgrove scrum half dived in to prevent a try, conceding a penalty try for Ledbury to take a 12-11 lead.

But Ledbury conceded another penalty and the hosts led 14-12 at half-time, when Ledbury coach Stuart Bradfield must have read the riot act to his players.

Ledbury began the second half pumped up and it wasn’t long before they were camped on the Bromsgrove line. A quick chip from Iolo Bubb was touched down and the try converted by Jamie Rayfield.

With the Bromsgrove scrum on the ropes, Iolo Bubb flung out a huge pass to Cam Smith who flopped over to score in the corner.

It was becoming a one sided affair, as Tom Assal attempted to crash over, but a second penalty try was awarded to Ledbury when the Bromsgrove scrum half tackled Bennion before he could pick up from the base of the scrum.

Bromsgrove’s misery was complete when Ledbury second row Ben Lewis strode over for a converted try.

A late attack from Bromsgrove saw a loose pass hacked on by Rayfield. Cody Richardson-Wall was following up and evaded the home defence to touch down in the corner.

A penalty for a dangerous challenge was given against Bromsgrove and when they decided to back chat, the referee marched them back three times. Rayfield was on hand to put the icing on the cake as he danced his way over for an unconverted try to bring up 50 points and a bonus-point win.