JOSH Burns' last-minute winner completed a dramatic second-half comeback for Ledbury Town as they beat Holme Lacy 4-3 to end a run of three matches without a league win. 

Dean Lee had brought Ledbury level at 1-1 in the first-half but two a goal either side of half-time from the visitors saw them take a shock 3-1 lead into the final 30 minutes. 

But Ben Febery's penalty and a Craig Howell goal brought the hosts level before Burns’s last-gasp strike sent New Street into hysterics as Ledbury got back to winning ways. 

It has been a mixed bag for Ledbury in the early stages of the 2023/24 Herefordshire Football League Premier Division.

Ian Merrick's men suffered a heavy 4-1 defeat at Malvern Town Development the previous weekend and followed that up with a disappointing 2-2 draw with Worcester United in mid-week.

They were keen to get back to winning ways on Saturday when Holme Lacy came to New Street, but they found themselves behind after just seven minutes when a free-kick came back off the post and pinballed around in the area before being forced into the net. 

It could have easily been two moments after when a close-range header went just wide.

But the hosts did get themselves back leven mid-way though the half when a Ben Miller cut-back was eventually poked home by Lee.

Parity was short-lived, however, as ten minutes before half time, Ledbury failed to clear their lines and the Lacy striker was first to react again and turned in the loose ball.

With Ledbury captain Joel Skyers having to leave the field with an injury, things went from bad to worse on the hour mark as a straight ball through the Ledbury defence found the Lacy striker through on goal and he made no mistake.

The home side were staring down the barrel of another defeat but a terrific finale saved the day. 

It started in the 70th minute when substitute Kieran Loveridge latched on to a ball over the top and was brought down in the box for a penalty which Febery stepped up and converted for 3-2.

The momentum was with Town now and some brilliant football from Ledbury produced the equaliser as Febery played a wonderful pass down the left for Burns and he pulled the ball back into the box for Howell to meet and slot home.

It was a chaotic final ten minutes but with time running out on the clock, there was time for one more moment and Burns provided it.

He collected the ball on the left side of the box, elegantly skipped past two defenders and smashed the ball across the keeper into the far corner to spark wild celebrations but more importantly, give Ledbury all three points.