LEDBURY romped to a thoroughly convincing 48-22 victory over Old Leamingtonians at a packed-out Ross Road last weekend as their winning start to the year continued.

The visitors drew first blood, somewhat unexpectedly, when they found space out wide but it was not long before Ledbury found their stride and George Wallin was put clear to score under the posts with a try converted by Jack Hughes.

Ed Bennion was back at his best taking the ball into contact time and time again and eventually, the pressure was rewarded with a try for Arron Almond from close range.

Ledbury were controlling proceedings and even from their own line they were proving dangerous and a superb counter-attack saw Lewis Ballinger crash over to score in the corner for a try, converted by Hughes.

At 19-5, the result was still in the balance but Ledbury kicked into gear and never really looked back. They were immediately on the offensive following the restart and within minutes, a scrum on the Old Leamingtonians' line saw Bennion score a pushover try, again converted by Hughes.

The visitors were now under the pump and after another brief siege on their line, Jack Hughes scythed over for a fine try, which he duly converted to make it 33-5.

Ledbury did, however, take their foot off the throttle, allowing Old Leamingtonians a great solo try as their centre hacked past a sole Ledbury defender to touch down.

Not to rest on their laurels, Ledbury were soon back in business as Hughes nonchalantly stroked over a drop goal to keep the scoreboard ticking over at 36-10.

Ledbury were by now running riot, with Ed Bennion causing absolute havoc and quick hands from his initial break saw Cam Smith touch down.

Ledbury continued to fling the ball about Barbarians style and a great attack saw Smith, supported by Tom Assal, who gave the scoring pass to Marcus Ballinger for a try once more converted by Hughes.

The visitors, who had spent the majority of the game under pressure, did finish the game well as Ledbury's discipline and defence wobbled.

The Old Leamingtonians winger managed to touch down after a mazy run and in the closing moments, they managed a fourth try to secure a bonus-point of their own from the game.