Leominster funeral home left with severe smoke damage following fire

A FUNERAL home in Leominster was severely damaged by smoke following a fire on Saturday (January 26).

The electrical fire, which is believed to have started accidentally, broke out at Handley and Hawcutt Funeral Directors in Drapers Lane shortly before 8.20am.

Two fire crews from Leominster and one from Kingsland attended the fire in the main distribution board on the ground floor of the premises, and firefighters in breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using two hose reel jets.

No one was injured during the fire but there was severe smoke damage to the ceilings and throughout the ground floor.

Station Commander Neil Pigott from Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said: “The property was unoccupied as the fire started and it was fortunate that it was noticed when it was as it could easily have developed into a more serious incident.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree