Clehonger woman chokes on bacon sandwich

Pauline Munslow was taken to the County Hospital but died the following day.

Pauline Munslow was taken to the County Hospital but died the following day.

First published in News
Last updated

A WOMAN died after choking on a bacon sandwich, an inquest heard.

Pauline Munslow, from Gosmore Road, Clehonger, was taken to Hereford County Hospital following the incident at her home on September 22 last year, but died the following day.

Dr Mark Hayes, a pathologist at the hospital, said that that the choke caused the 75-year-old to have a hypoxic brain injury, which led to her death.

Mrs Munslow's husband John said that his wife always ate her food fast and often struggled for breath.

"She had dentures, which I think affected the way she ate and she had problems chewing.," said Mr Munslow.

The inquest heard that the piece of bacon lodged in Mrs Munslow's throat was about three centimetres long.

She was given CPR by paramedics before being taken to hospital, where she later died.

Senior coroner Mark Bricknell recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree